Loans and Lending
Visa® Check Card
1. How can I find your bank?
First National Bank of the Rockies® has branch offices strategically located in Craig, Grand Junction, Hayden, Meeker, Oak Creek, Steamboat Springs and Rangely. Click here for a complete list of locations. Each location’s listing includes the street address, lobby hours, drive-up hours, phone numbers, ATM locations, and a street map.
2. On which holidays do your Banks close?
First National Bank of the Rockies® observes all national and state holidays (as per the guidelines set by the Federal Reserve Bank, to see these guidelines click here) and will be closed on:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
3. How do I find a First National Bank of the Rockies® ATM?
Click here to see a list of all ATM locations.
4. Can I use ATMs at other banks?
Yes, your ATM card will work at any ATM that has one of the Logos displayed on the back of your VISA® Check Card.
5. Are there fees associated with using another bank’s ATM?
In most cases, yes. The ATM owner will most likely charge a fee that will be disclosed at the time of the transaction and FNBR assesses a fee to use non-FNBR ATMs.
6. How do I contact Customer Service?We are always happy to answer your questions or address any concerns. You can visit with a customer service representative in person at any of our banks listed here, or you can call us during regular business hours.
- Craig – (970) 824-6533
- Grand Junction – (970) 242-2255
- Hayden – (970) 276-3731
- Meeker – (970) 878-5073
- Oak Creek – (970) 736-8500
- Rangely – (970) 675-8481
- Steamboat Springs - (970) 871-8070
- Toll Free - (800)739-9721
You can also e-mail inquiries to email@example.com. A customer service representative will be in touch with you, either through e-mail or by phone, within two business hours.
1. What kinds of accounts does First National Bank of the Rockies offer?
We offer a full range of financial products, several varieties of checking and savings accounts, CDs and IRAs.
2. Can I open an account online?
Yes. Simply fill out the Online Application Form, print it out, and bring it to the nearest branch location. You can also mail your completed application form to:
First National Bank of the Rockies
Attn: Internet Banking
PO Box 600
Meeker, CO 81641
Accounts will not be opened until a signed, notary-stamped original is received. A photocopy of a valid identification card is also required.
3. Do you offer overdraft protection?
There are two types of overdraft protection: Sweeps and First Reserve accounts.
Sweeps: If you overdraw your checking account, we can automatically transfer (sweep) funds from a pre-designated account to cover the overdraft.
First Reserve: This is a line of credit attached to your checking account. First Reserve monitors your checking account balance. If you overdraw, First Reserve will loan you money in $100 increments to cover it until you reach your First Reserve limit. A short application is required for First Reserve coverage. Please visit your local office to speak with a loan officer.
4. What are the current yields on your savings accounts?
Interest rates change frequently. You can access interest rates 24 hours a day through our telephone banking system or contact a local office for current rates and yields.
1. What kinds of loans do you offer? How do I apply?
First National Bank of the Rockies offers several kind of loans, including business loans, agricultural loans, and mortgage loans. For a complete description of each loan program, click here.
Loan applications are taken in person at any of our branch locations. Talk with one of our friendly loan officers, and let us design a loan for you.
1. How does the VISA® Check Card work?
The VISA® Check Card allows you to access funds from your check account wherever you see the VISA® Logo is accepted. Present your VISA® Check Card to the mechant as you would any credit card, sign the receipt or enter your PIN, and go. The card is accepted at many businesses where checks are not and the purchase amount is deducted from your checking account.
2. How do I keep track of purchases?
When you use your VISA® Check Card, record the transaction in your check register as you would when writing a check. A detailed description of every VISA® Check Card transaction will appears on your regular monthly checking statement.
3. Does my Check Card work as an ATM card?
Yes, you can use your VISA® Check Card with a PIN in any ATM machine that displays the VISA® Logo, more than 260,000 worldwide.
4. How do I apply for a VISA® Check Card?
You can pick up an application at any of our banks.
For more information on the VISA® Check Card, click here.
1. What is telephone banking?
Our telephone banking system allows you to access your account information 24 hours a day, 365 days a year from any touchtone phone.
2. Which banking functions can I use using telephone banking?Using our telephone banking system, you can:
- Check account balances
- Verify deposits and ATM transactions
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Verify if a check has cleared
- Find the nearest ATM
- Check CD rates
- Transfer to a bank operator during banking hours
3. Is there a charge for telephone banking?
No, access to the telephone banking system is free to all our valued customers.
4. How do I use the telephone banking system?
Call one of the phone numbers listed below and follow the instructions you hear. When asked for your personal identification number (PIN), please enter the last four digits of your social security number or tax identification number of the primary account holder.
- Craig – (970) 824-5757
- Grand Junction – (970) 243-5757
- Hayden – (970) 276-1166
- Meeker – (970) 878-5757
- Oak Creek – (970) 736-1166
- Rangely – (970) 675-5757
- Steamboat Springs - (970) 736-2373
- Toll Free – 877-277-5757
1. What is Check Imaging?
For information about Check Imaging go to our Check Imaging FAQ page.
1. What services are available with Internet Banking?You can perform the following services with Internet Banking:
- View account balances
- View account history: search history by check number, amount, or date range
- View transactions in checkbook format
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Transfer funds to your child’s account without going to the bank (if your accounts are properly linked).
- Create stop payments
- Change your e-mail address
- View past statements
- E-mail Alerts - There are four types of alerts: Event, Balance, Item, and Personal. There are in excess of a dozen event alerts that can be configured—an event alert is an event that happens to an account (ACH entry posted, Account is overdrawn, etc). Balance Alerts will be sent when an account balance reaches a minimum or maximum amount.Item alerts are sent when a specified check number posts to the account. Personal alerts are any date specific event that can or do not need to be tied to your Bank account (birthdays, etc)
2. Where do I go to get help?
For help with First National Bank of the Rockies Internet Banking, call (970) 878-5073 or e-mail our customer service representative at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our service representative will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 PM, MT., Monday through Friday. You may also click on the Help button in the top right corner of your screen while you are logged in to Internet Banking.
3. What is my NetTeller ID?
Your NetTeller ID will be assigned to you after you complete the FNBR Online Banking Enrollment Form. Once you have entered the system successfully, you may create an alias to replace the 12 digit ID. The alias may consist of any combination of letters and numbers and must be between 1 and 12 characters in length.
4. What is my PIN?
You will be assigned a PIN along with your NetTeller ID. Once you have entered the system successfully, you will be required to change your PIN.
5. How do I change my PIN?
On your first access to internet banking, you will be forced to change your PIN by entering your currently assigned PIN, entering your new PIN, and verifying your new PIN. To change your PIN after initial access, select “Options,” enter your current PIN, enter the new PIN, and enter the new PIN again to verify.
6. What happens if I type my PIN incorrectly?
The third sequential time that you enter your PIN incorrectly, your account will be locked and you will need to contact the Bank to regain access to your account.
7. What do I do if I forget my NetTeller ID or PIN?
Contact the Bank to request a new PIN.
8. What is Bill Payment? How does it work?
Our Bill Payment system allows you to pay bills from the comfort of your home, office, or anywhere you have Internet access, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Remember at midnight that you forgot to make a payment? No problem! Instead of finding your checkbook, writing a check, finding an envelope and stamp, getting dressed, and driving to the post office, just log on to your Internet Banking. How does it work? You provide the payment information (date to pay, payee name & address, and amount.We deliver the payment either electronically or with a check through the mail.
9. What features does Bill Payment offer?
- No limit to the number of bills paid
- No monthly fee
- Easy to use
- Save time
- Pay anyone in the United States
- Choose which account the money comes out of
- Schedule payments into the future
- Schedule recurring payments
- Cancel payments that are for a future date, including recurring payments
- Change payments that are for a future date, including recurring payments
10. How do my bills get paid?
There are two distinct methods for paying bills:
Electronic: If the company is selected from the electronic bill payee list, the money is taken out of your account the day you pay the bill. The money is then electronically transferred to that company stating the payee and your customer number, the date of the payment, and the amount of the payment. Time frame: usually under 48 hours.
Paper: If the company or person you are paying is not listed on the electronic bill pay list, a check is written that day and mailed to that company or person. The check also lists all the information you entered on the account setup. The money is not taken out of your account until the check clears your account, generally within 5 to 8 days.
11. How do I apply for Bill Payment?
Bill Payment is included as a standard feature on all Internet Banking accounts. You will automatically be set up for Bill Pay after you complete the FNBR Online Banking Enrollment Form and bring it to any one of our branch offices.
12. How long is my account history maintained?
The default setting is to view 15 days. You can choose between 7, 15, 30 days worth of transactions shown with just a click of a button. Further more you can search and display transactions up to a year back.
Likewise, up to 2 years of transactions are available in text format as well. So please note that greater than 1-year these are just the text statements and do not include check images.
13. How do I view my account balances?
Once you have entered Internet Banking, your account balances are displayed on the initial screen.
14. How do I view account transactions?
View transactions by selecting “Transactions” from the dropdown list next to the respective account.
15. Can I view a specific check?
If the check has posted to your account within the last 60 days, you can click on the check number and an image of the check will display.
16. Can I search for a specific check?
Yes, checks can be sought by Date, Amount, or Number.
17. Can I search for a specific amount?
Yes. See previous question.
18. How do I download my banking information?
By selecting “Download” from the dropdown list next to the respective account.
18a. How far back can I download transactions?
You have three options:
- Transactions since last download
- Transactions since last statement
- Transactions between two specified dates.
19. For what accounts are funds transfer available?
Checking and Savings accounts that display are available for funds transfer. Certain loan accounts are available for funds transfer.
20. How do I transfer funds between accounts?
By selecting “Transfers” from the dropdown list next to the account from which you want to transfer funds. Follow the prompts to transfer funds.
21. Can I make a loan payment?
You can make a loan payment through the transfer function on most loan types.
22. What happens if I pay more than the exact amount due on my loan?
Additional amounts will be applied to the balance of your loan.
23. Can I initiate a stop payment online?
Yes by selecting “Stop Payments” from the dropdown list next to the respective account.
24. Can I order checks online?
25. How do I add additional accounts for viewing through Internet Banking?
You may add additional accounts to your Internet Banking account by contacting the Bank.
26. Can I delete an account from viewing on Internet Banking?
Yes, by contacting the Bank.
27. When are my transactions posted?
Transactions are posted as the Bank receives the transaction. Internet Banking transactions are posted as you submit the transaction.
28. How long does it take to set up Internet Banking?
Once the application is received by the Bank, you should receive an email within 2 business days.
29. How do I know when Internet Banking has been activated?
You will receive an email from the Bank with access instructions.
30. Can I apply for a loan and/or credit card online?
At this time, please see or contact a Loan Officer for details.
Cash Management is an Internet Banking program for businesses. It allows multiple people to have logins to accounts with set security features for each account. Cash Management also allows for upload of payroll, ACH, and wire information. Please see our Cash Management page.